Collection of information
3. Some information provided to me by clients, customers, contractors and other third parties might be considered private or personal. Without these details, I would not be able to carry on my business and provide my services to you. I will only collect such personal information if it is necessary for one of my functions or activities.
4. Personal information is collected from people in the following situations by Pam Giblin:
a) If you contact Pam Giblin, she may keep a record of that correspondence.
b) When you submit your e-mail address to my website mailing list.
5. At or before the time the personal information is collected by me I will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of who I am, the fact that you are able to gain access to the information held about you, the purpose of the collection, the type(s) of organisations to which I usually disclose the information collected about you, any laws requiring the collection of the information and the main consequences for you if all or part of the information is not collected.
Use of information collected and disclosure of personal information to others
6. I may use or disclose personal information held about an individual for the primary purpose for which it is collected (e.g. provision of my services, including administration of my services, notification to you about changes to my services, record-keeping following termination of my services to you and technical maintenance). I may also use such information for a purpose related to the primary purpose of collection and where it would reasonably be expected by you that I would use the information in such a way. This information is only disclosed to persons outside my business in the circumstances set out in this policy or as otherwise notified to you at the time of collection of the information.
7. In addition, I am permitted to use or disclose personal information held about you:
a) Where you have consented to the use or disclosure.
b) Where I reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone’s health or safety or the public’s health or safety.
c) Where I reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of my investigation or in reporting the matter to the relevant authorities.
d) Where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process).
e) Where I reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
8. My website may contain links to other web sites and those third-party web sites may collect personal information about you. I am not responsible for the privacy practices of other businesses or the content of web sites that are linked to my website. Hands of Light Healing encourages users to be aware when they leave the site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information.
Security and storage
9. Pam Giblin places significant importance on the security of all information associated with her customers and contractors. She has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under her control.
10. Personal information is de-identified or destroyed securely when no longer required by me.
11. Pam Giblin retains the information you provide to her including possibly your contact and credit card details to enable her to verify transactions and customer details and to retain adequate records for legal and accounting purposes. This information is held on secure servers in controlled facilities.
12. Information stored within my computer systems can only be accessed by those entrusted with authority and computer network password sanctions.
13. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 per cent secure. As a result, while she strives to protect user’s personal information, Pam Giblin cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to it or from its online products or services, and users do so at their own risk. Once Pam Giblin receives your transmission, she makes every effort to ensure its security on her systems.
14. Ultimately, you are solely responsible for keeping your passwords and/or account information secret. You should be careful and responsible whenever you are online.
Access to and correction of personal information
15. Pam Giblin is committed to maintaining accurate, timely, relevant and appropriate information about her customers and web-site users.
16. So long as your request for your personal information is in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), then we will give you access to that information.
17. Inaccurate information will be corrected upon receiving advice to this effect from you. To ensure confidentiality, details of your personal information will be passed on to you only if we are satisfied that the information relates to you.
20.I will investigate your complaint and attempt to resolve any breach that might have occurred in relation to the collection, use or destruction of personal information held by me about you in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you are not satisfied with the outcome of this procedure, then you may request that an independent person (usually the Information Commissioner’s Office) investigate your complaint.
21. Hands of Light Healing collects information from the site using “IP files”.
22. When you visit Hands of Light Healing’s site to read, browse or download information, the system will record/log your IP address (the address which identifies your computer on the internet and which is automatically recognised by the web server), date and time of your visit to the site, the pages viewed and any information downloaded. This information will only be used for the purpose of site analysis and to help offer you improved online service. I may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of Internet browsers you use or the site from which you linked to my Web Sites. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist me in providing an effective service on my Web Site.
25. Should you wish to read more information on privacy legislation or the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we recommend that you visit the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/